Every year for the last four decades, this New Smyrna Beach art festival has inspired artists, artisans, and makers to create beautiful things every day. The IMAGES Festival of the Arts is one of the top outdoor art festivals in the Southeast and brings in people from all over the country with art, music, learning opportunities, and more. If you love great art and festivals, then this New Smyrna Beach art festival is for you! Here’s everything you need to know before you go!
When you’re looking for great things to do in the New Smyrna Beach area, be sure to download the free Vacation Guide from The Night Swan! Our guide is full of fantastic ideas for your time here. So, download it today for an amazing trip!
What You Should Know: New Smyrna Beach Art Festival
There are a few things you should know before you go to this New Smyrna Beach art festival. The IMAGES Festival of the Arts is a fantastic experience for most anybody, but knowing these things ahead can make all the difference!
- The IMAGES Festival of the Arts has run for 42 years, and it takes up Riverside Drive, heads partway up Canal Street, and spreads throughout Riverside Park in New Smyrna Beach, and is open from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
- You can park on Canal Street, Sams Avenue, Magnolia Street, Andrews Street, and North Riverside Drive. You’ll also find handicapped parking in the Chamber of Commerce parking lot, at 115 Canal Street. Volunteers of this New Smyrna Beach art festival are here to help those needing handicapped parking under the South Causeway overpass at Lytle and Magnolia Streets. For more parking information, check out this interactive map.
- You’ll find portable restrooms with handicap accessibility and running water in Riverside Park and at either end of the Festival route.
- Buy festival items such as t-shirts and posters at the information tent on the corner of Canal Street and Riverside Drive. The tent also serves as a kiosk for if you get separated from your group and need help finding them.
- You’ll enjoy free live music featured in the IMAGES Live! entertainment tent throughout the festival!
- Children have the opportunity to participate in art projects presented by the ACA Volunteer League and art teachers at the Creative Education Tent. You’ll find the tent in Riverside Park, just next to the playground. It’ll be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days of the festival. Plus, the Student Art Exhibit, which features the work of over 100 students in the area, is adjacent to the Creative Education Tent.
- Great food is an art, too! The food court on Riverside Drive features tantalizing offerings like seafood, barbecue, Chinese, gyros, ribeye steak sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, kettle corn, funnel cakes, coffee and tea, and Coca-Cola products.
- Stay tuned for more information as we draw closer to the event in January!
Plan an Artsy Escape to New Smyrna Beach
With the New Smyrna Beach art festival, IMAGES, coming up at the beginning of the year, you’ll want to get your plan in place this winter! When you’re ready, browse the beautiful and spacious rooms from The Night Swan! We’ll be your host for the festival, and you’ll find comfort, quiet, and relaxation here where you’ll feel at home. We’re eager to host you, so contact us today to book your artsy escape!