Sunday, November 28, 2010
We have had many requests for our delicious Cheese Blintz's and we are sending this out with a special thanks to Pat S. for her request. We serve ours with a cranberry sauce but any berry would compliment this tasty treat! Enjoy!
Cheese Blintz (Breakfast Cheesecake)
1 8x8 pan
1 lb non-fat cottage cheese
3 oz cream cheese, low-fat, softened
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup egg white
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice or key lime juice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, butter and sugar in a medium bowl and mix well. Add the flour, eggs, lemon juice and baking powder and mix thoroughly. Spoon into a greased 8x8 pan.
Bake for 50 minutes or until light brown around the edges and springy to the touch. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
May be served with a berry sauce.
Note: For strawberry sauce, mix sliced strawberries with a small amount of orange marmalade.
Stay tuned for more!
Night Swan Intracoastal Bed & Breakfast
Click Below to "FOLLOW" Our Blog!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Where can I buy spectator tickets for the 2010 Turkey Run?
General admission tickets are available at the speedway during show days ONLY, beginning Thursday, November 26. No advance purchase of tickets is available. Admission is $15.00 per day, $10.00 on Sunday. Children 11 and under free.
Are Turkey Run events held anywhere else but the Speedway?
No, there are no Turkey Run events held anywhere else but the Daytona International Speedway. Daytime and Nightime. This is a big event and other promoters, bars, shopping centers, time share resorts, etc. are sponsoring auto-themed nightime festivities. They may be called TurkeyTrots, TurkeyFests, TurkeyCruises Turkey TimeShare-a-thons or whatever. They may even have dancing girls and jugglers. They are NOT associated with the Turkey Run. Most of these promoters are fine people that want to give you another place to go in the evening and spend a few bucks, but they are not part of the Turkey Run and cannot sell event tickets or souvenirs.
Give us a call for more info! Happy Thanksgiving from the Night Swan Staff!!
See you soon!
Make sure to click the link below to "FOLLOW" our blog
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Stay in a suite with a king bed, an extra large whirlpool tub & shower for $120, including a full hot breakfast, (regularly $170 to $200), and.....we have free ice cream too!!
Bring a girlfriend or three and have a mini getaway. We can also arrange a therapeutic massage for you. Then spend the night shopping away on canal street!
|Event Happens: Wednesday, Dec 01, 2010 (05:00 PM - 09:00 PM)|
|Ladies, invite your friends to 'Girls' Night Out on Canal Street and enjoy dinner, shopping and fellowship all under the illuminated Christmas palms. The Downtown merchants will help you find that perfect holiday give for the special people in your life! The stores will serve refreshments and remain open until 9pm. There will also be a 7pm fashion show on the 2nd floor of the Chamber of Commerce building in the Artist's Workshop Room that will feature fashions on Canal Street, including ladies' clothing, jewelry, gifts, fishing store equipment, bikes and even our weekly Farmer's Market. Models will be courtesy of Applause Salon and David and Karin Jenkins will be overseeing the fashion show. Prizes will be given away during the show, and patrons must be present to win.|
For additional information on Christmas on Canal Street, visit: www.ChristmasOnCanalStreet.com.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
November 8 – 13
30 artists painting daily from 9:00-5:30
Come and join us for a week of culture, wonderful lodging at the Night Swan Intracoastal Bed & Breakfast, and incredible homemade breakfasts! Watch the artists painting outdoors! The artists will be painting from dawn to dusk for the five days of the Paint Out. As paintings are completed, they will be hung in an on-site “wet room” (gallery) for sale immediately. There will be additional opportunities for art lovers and patrons to view and purchase the paintings completed each day during special sponsored or ticketed evening events:
· Join us Monday, Nov. 8-- 9:00 a.m. at Eldora State House in Canaveral National Seashore for Official Proclamation of Canaveral Seashore Paint Out Week by New Smyrna Beach Mayor Adam Barringer. Broadcast live on AM1230 WSBB
· Meet the Artists—Wine and Cheese Reception at Arts on Douglas, 7 pm, Wednesday, November 10. Open to the public. Paintings produced the first 3 days will be on display and for sale.
· Sunset Paint In—J.B.’s Fish Camp, Thursday, November 11, 3-7 pm. Open to the public. Have a glass of wine or beer as you watch artists paint a beautiful sunset at this quaint Old Cracker restaurant—try some clams caught fresh from the Lagoon--or even some gator appetizers.
· Patrons Gala—Eldora State House Canaveral National Seashore , 7 pm. Friday, November 12. Music, food and beverages. Paintings produced during the week will be on sale; commissions can be booked. Ticketed, $25 pp in advance, $35 at door; free to patrons at $150 level and above.
· Community Quick Draw and Family Fun Day-Canaveral National Seashore, Saturday November 13, 10 am –2 pm. Bring your easel and paint along with the pros, in whatever medium you choose. Compete for three cash prizes. First Prize winner has the chance to have his painting printed on the 2010 T- shirts for Canaveral Seashore Volunteers. Entry fee $10 (artists bring own supplies). FREE “Paint It” and Junior Ranger activities for the kids.
It should be a great week for the entire family! Check out our website for more area activities!
Hope to see you soon!
Make sure to click below to "FOLLOW" our blog!