November 8 – 13
30 artists painting daily from 9:00-5:30
Come and join us for a week of culture, wonderful lodging at the Night Swan Intracoastal Bed & Breakfast, and incredible homemade breakfasts! Watch the artists painting outdoors! The artists will be painting from dawn to dusk for the five days of the Paint Out. As paintings are completed, they will be hung in an on-site “wet room” (gallery) for sale immediately. There will be additional opportunities for art lovers and patrons to view and purchase the paintings completed each day during special sponsored or ticketed evening events:
· Join us Monday, Nov. 8-- 9:00 a.m. at Eldora State House in Canaveral National Seashore for Official Proclamation of Canaveral Seashore Paint Out Week by New Smyrna Beach Mayor Adam Barringer. Broadcast live on AM1230 WSBB
· Meet the Artists—Wine and Cheese Reception at Arts on Douglas, 7 pm, Wednesday, November 10. Open to the public. Paintings produced the first 3 days will be on display and for sale.
· Sunset Paint In—J.B.’s Fish Camp, Thursday, November 11, 3-7 pm. Open to the public. Have a glass of wine or beer as you watch artists paint a beautiful sunset at this quaint Old Cracker restaurant—try some clams caught fresh from the Lagoon--or even some gator appetizers.
· Patrons Gala—Eldora State House Canaveral National Seashore , 7 pm. Friday, November 12. Music, food and beverages. Paintings produced during the week will be on sale; commissions can be booked. Ticketed, $25 pp in advance, $35 at door; free to patrons at $150 level and above.
· Community Quick Draw and Family Fun Day-Canaveral National Seashore, Saturday November 13, 10 am –2 pm. Bring your easel and paint along with the pros, in whatever medium you choose. Compete for three cash prizes. First Prize winner has the chance to have his painting printed on the 2010 T- shirts for Canaveral Seashore Volunteers. Entry fee $10 (artists bring own supplies). FREE “Paint It” and Junior Ranger activities for the kids.
It should be a great week for the entire family! Check out our website for more area activities!
Hope to see you soon!
Make sure to click below to "FOLLOW" our blog!