It's another brand new month here at the Night Swan Intracoastal B & B in spectacular New Smyrna Beach, Florida! That means it's time for a new recipe!! We have had lots of requests for this one, so, without further adieu.....
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 10 (8 inch) medium flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs, or 1 1/2 cup egg-white
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 pinch cayenne or white pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- sour cream
1. Grease 2 8x8 baking dishes. 2. In a skillet over medium-high heat cook the sausage with onion and carrot, crumbling the meat while cooking, until completely cooked; cool completely. 3. Place about 1/3 cup of the cooked sausage mixture down the center of each tortilla. 4. Sprinkle the mixture with about 2 tablespoons shredded cheese (can use more). 5. Roll up each tortilla and place seam-side down into the casserole dish. 6. In a bowl whisk together flour with half and half cream, cayenne pepper, and black pepper until well combined. 7. In a bowl whisk the eggs with flour, cream, cayenne and black pepper. 8. Pour over the top of the tortillas. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese on top (can use more or less). 9. Cover foil and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. 10. Remove from the refrigerator 45 minutes before baking. 11. When ready to bake set oven to 350 degrees F. 12. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes, then uncover and continue to bake for another 15 minutes. 13. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. 14. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
If you want to try it from the Masters, come join us for breakfast at The Night Swan Intracoastal B & B!! Sometimes it tastes better....when all you have to do is enjoy it!!
See you soon!!
Night Swan Intracoastal B&B
CLICK BELOW to "FOLLOW" our BLOG!